HealthTap Cloud is powered by HOPES, a health operating system which connects the continuum of care to each person’s unique Personal Health Record (PHR), according to an article on Icrunchdata. APIs and SDKs that help developers build personalized web, iOS and Android apps are made available with the platform.
Opening its technology platform to developers through an application process enables them to access key modules of the HealthTap Cloud and further HealthTap’s mission of bringing affordable, high quality healthcare to billions of people, HealthTap states.
HealthTap Cloud promises developers features such as:
• Instant interoperability,
• Turnkey secure and private infrastructure
• Easy access to doctor knowledge and population data that may save developers time and money
Participating developers in HealthTap come from a range of institutions, including Fortune 500 employers, multinational payors, hospitals/health systems, government agencies, device/sensor manufacturers and health app startups. Google, IBM, Flex and iHealth are a few of the companies collaborating with HealthTap on building with the HealthTap Cloud.
Additionally, Blockchain S.A. is working with the HealthTap Cloud team to create a new healthcare blockchain — foundational infrastructure for managing federated, trusted access to medical records securely between all parties in the private network, including hospitals, doctor practices, insurance companies and app developers.
Blockchain CEO Peter Smith said, “Until today, blockchain’s main application has been to trustfully transact cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. Now, HealthTap and Blockchain are taking a concrete and significant step towards leveraging this concept to solve a longstanding issue in healthcare – trusted, secure access to medical records for all.”
5 key modules are:
- Cross-Platform Telemedicine: Evolve telemedicine services by embedding secure, high-definition video/voice/text chat in iOS/Android/web apps. Facilitates multi-participant communication between doctors, patients, translators and caregivers with integration with pharmacies, labs and insurance companies.
- Big Data – Health Data Exchange: Connect to unified health data (with explicit user permission) via an integrated, cloud-based, HIPAA-compliant and SOC2 Type II-certified PHR; securely read and write access across a spectrum of electronic medical records (EMRs), apps, devices and the IoT; use integrated authentication and a single identity management solution for all patients and providers.
- Big Data – Population Health Insights: Use real-time and historical analytics tools and services for large health datasets; perform predictive modeling, machine learning/AI, collaborative filtering and personalization.
- Clinical CRM: Engage patient populations for improved adherence and outcomes; author care protocol templates for a wellness or disease-management goal and tailor them for individual patients; automate reminders/follow ups, send personalized content and respond in real time to adherence and device data with reactive instructions and smart alerts for patients, caregivers and providers.
- Trusted Content: Tap into a large repository of doctor answers, tips, news, articles, medication and reviews, organized by comprehensive natural-language health ontology and tagged with user attributes.
Wach the interview and learn how Ron Gutman from HealthTap created a new med tech business that combines consumer questions with personalized advice from tens of thousands of health care practitioners. #patientincluded