Medscape provides fast and accurate clinical answers at the point-of-care and is a medical resource for physicians, medical students, nurses, and other healthcare professionals.
- Quickly look up medications and dosages with the Drug Reference Tool
- Avoid adverse drug combinations with the Drug Interaction Checker
- Find vital information for patient care with evidence-based Disease & Condition reference
- Stay current with the latest medical news and earn CME
- Step-by-Step Procedural Articles, Medical Calculators, Pill ID Tool, Image Collections, Formulary Information
Physicians can access a community of more than 250K physicians worldwide to share cases, ask questions, and benefit from their knowledge and diverse experiences..
Figure 1 gives a free and instant access to thousands of real-world medical cases from healthcare professionals across 185 specialty groups and prominent institutions, including the American Cancer Society, BMJ, Doctors Without Borders, and Mount Sinai Health System. View and discuss cases you may never see in your own practice, expand your clinical knowledge, and access a community of millions of healthcare professionals.
- Share de-identified medical cases securely and efficiently
- Recognize rare conditions in your patients
- Page specialists for real-time feedback
Epocrates delivers the most current safety, diagnostic and treatment information.
- Review drug prescribing and safety information for thousands of brand, generic, and OTC drugs
- Check for potentially harmful drug-drug interactions among up to 30 drugs at a time
- Identify pills by imprint code and physical characteristics
- Access timely medical news and research information
- Find providers for consults and referrals
- Select national and regional health care insurance formularies for drug coverage information
- Perform dozens of calculations, such as BMI and GFR
- Coordinate care securely with HIPAA-compliant text messaging
Disease information, clinical practice guidelines, alternative medications, lab guides, coding and more content is available by upgrading to an Epocrates Plus subscription.
MDCalc Medical Calculator
1.2 million+ medical professionals uses
daily to support clinical decision making at the bedside. The leading medical reference for the most relevant, up-to-date and widely-used clinical calculators that support evidence-based patient care.
- Works offline and in limited connection settings
- Fast and easy search and filter to discover new calculators
- Customizable lists for quick access to: favorites, recently used, your specialty
- Auto-syncing between the website and app
- Error warnings and normal values to help avoid mistakes and improper inputs
The app provides access to more than 350+ easy-to-use clinical decision tools including risk scores, algorithms, equations, diagnostic criteria, formulas, classifications, dosing calculators, and more.
UpToDate is a clinical decision support resource with evidence-based clinical information – including drug topics and recommendations that clinicians rely on at the point of care.
- Notifications provide clinicians with a summary of the most important new information added to the medical literature in recent weeks to topics they’ve previously read
- “Practice Changing UpDates” section highlights specific recommendations and/or updates that may change clinical practice
- More than 1,500 corresponding patient information topics, plus more than 1,000 in universal Spanish. Clinicians can review this information with patients in the exam room, print out as handouts, or send via email
- Comprehensive, embedded, and integrated patient education solutions for EMRs and other healthcare applications
- Medical Calculators to help you quickly and accurately calculate many different medical measurements
- Feedback button that allows you to submit questions and comments
- Clinicians can quickly check for possible drug-to-drug and drug-to-herb interactions