Patients aren’t medicine experts and don’t know how the human’s body parts and organs look like. And they don’t need to know. But for professionals it’s sometimes really challenging to explain some health issues. Particularly cardiovascular diseases. What is stroke, cardiomyopathy, heart failure, venous thrombosis? What does it mean to have a stent implanted? When words fail, pictures can help to communicate clearly. By using the app’s high-resolution cardiac graphics and animations, physicians can effectively review and discuss common heart problems and treatment options with their patients.
CardioSmart Heart Explorer’s features:
- Explore the structure of an animated 3-D beating heart by swiping up or down through 7 basic layers of normal cardiac anatomy.
- Review and discuss common heart problems and treatment options with patients as well as their caregivers by utilizing the app’s high-resolution cardiac graphics and animation.
- Select from many common cardiovascular health conditions and literally show and “bring to life” what these conditions mean, and what their treatments can look like.
- With a wave of your fingers, you can show a patient their heart muscle, its coronary anatomy, and the processes of a stent implantation.
- Choose additional cardiac patient education animations and interactive media from within a media gallery. Future versions of the app will allow customization of this feature through online downloads of additional media.